Here at FOCUS Kenya we value your data. Here's our data protection policy for your review and
This Data Protection Policy outlines how Fellowship of Christian Unions (FOCUS) Kenya, a
non-governmental and non-profit organization, collects, uses, stores, and protects the
personal data of its stakeholders and other individuals it communicates with. We are
committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data in accordance with
applicable data protection laws and regulations.
What data do we collect?
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Contact information:Title, Name, Email address, gender,
phone number, town, university, marital status and spouse details
- Donation information: Donation amounts, date and methods
- Communication preferences: communication channels
- Publicly available information: Information available
sources, such as
social media profiles
- Areas of interest of involvement in FOCUS
How do we use your data?
We use your data for the following purposes:
- To process your donations and provide you with receipts and acknowledgments.
- To send you updates on the progress of conferences you have signed up for
- To invite you to conferences, events and fundraising activities.
- To personalize your experience with our organization.
- To analyze data to improve our fundraising efforts and communication strategies.
- To analyze data on stakeholder involvement in ministry in the Christian Unions
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Legal basis for processing your data
We rely on the following
legal bases for processing your data:
- Consent: You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting
- Contractual obligations: We need to process your data to fulfill
obligations to you, such as processing your donations.
- Legitimate interests: We have a legitimate interest in processing
your data for
fundraising purposes and to communicate with you about our work. However, we will always balance
your interests and rights with our own legitimate interests.
Who do we share your data with?
We will not share your
personal data with third parties without your consent, except in the following limited
- With Christian Union leaders for the purposes of inviting you to speak in their services and
facilitate in their trainings
- With service providers who help us manage and process your data, such as payment processors like
Safaricom. We require all service providers to implement appropriate security measures to protect
- With government or law enforcement authorities if we are required to do so by law.
How long do we keep your data?
We will retain your personal data for as
as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was
collected, unless a longer retention period is required by law.
You have the following rights under data protection law:
- The right to access your personal data.
- The right to rectify inaccurate personal data.
- The right to erase your personal data.
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us (see below).
We have implemented appropriate technical
organizational measures to protect your personal data from
unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Changes to this policy
We may update this policy from time to
will notify you of any changes by posting the updated
policy on our website.
If you have any questions about this policy
how we use your data, please contact us at